Want to find out more?
What Does It Mean To Be Part Of Labs?
If you're interested in partnering with FaithTech or volunteering on a labs project, you'll find all you need know right here!
A Labs partner is anyone who has experienced or seen a problem in their community, city, ministry, mission, charity or church. You have a desire to see tech leveraged by a volunteer team to solve this problem.
You may represent a Church, Mission Organisation, Charity, or you may be a person with a passion to see a particular problem solved in Jesus’ name.
FaithTech labs projects aim to solve problems for:
- Marginalized Communities.
- The Local Church.
- The spreading of the Gospel.
Many problems touch more than one of these, but we are laser focused on these three areas.
We have a range of opportunities for problem pitches:
- Through our regular local community meetups.
- Through direct reach-outs to our Global Labs community.
- Through our local and Global Labs events such as Hackathons and Innovation Sprints.
Through any of these, we have provide opportunities for projects to be pitched to the FaithTech community.
FaithTech Labs are volunteer-led teams, so we can’t give guarantees that any specific problem or pitch will be picked up.
However, we have a growing community of people who are passionate to steward their skills to glorify God, so the opportunity is great.
Innovation is a great learning opportunity!
We want to see more successful projects, leveraging technology for God’s glory. As part of our Labs Program, we have coaching, pitch exemplars, and engagement opportunities that will help us partner well together, as you walk with the project team through the process of building a solution.
As we build out our tools and las materials in 2021, we’ll be testing them with our communities, partners and labs volunteers.
Our most successful projects have great engagement from our Partners. FaithTech starts in community, and that’s the model we place around our project teams. We want to see relationships built, people learning together, and amazing products built alongside this.
Alongside relationship and community, partners are key in helping teams get through a thorough discovery process, understanding the problem and the way your organisation or community might be able to implement solutions.
Click below to get started!
Labs projects are where groups of people in the FaithTech Community come together to solve problems with tech. These problems are pitched to us by partners, or from right within our FaithTech community.
Getting involved in a project is an opportunity for discipleship with those you’re working with, as well as being a part of kingdom-focused innovation to solve real-world problems.
The best way to get involved is to get plugged into the FaithTech community:
- If you’re in a city where FaithTech meet already, you can get involved there. Check out our community map to see if you’re near one.
- Not near a community? Join one of our Global Meet-ups, or fill out our labs on-boarding form below to get connected. Geography is no limitation!
- Our Communities host hackathons and sprints through the year, so you can also get involved in a Labs project through these events. Check our events page for more information.
Our heart, at community and a global level is to equip our labs teams to succeed, and offer an environment where teams can learn and grow together.
Practically the support resources we offer are:
- The 7-step Labs Program – this is a collection of coaching, videos and materials which bring together our heart for discipleship and the best product development techniques Labs projects have used. This is being piloted during 2021.
- A growing community of Mentors – amazing people across tech, business and ministry. They are there to help and advise your team as you move through the development cycle.
- A funded tech stack – as your project gains traction, so will a need for a stack to support it. We will provide access to the resources you need (within our budget) to get your project to MVP.
- Online community: we have a lively slack community, where you can grab your own channel, get products tested, and tell the FaithTech world about your project! We also have “always open” virtual meeting spaces for you to use as a team when meeting in-person is not possible.
We do not see the Faith and Tech elements as separate. Each step of our labs program is founded on scripture, yet accessible for non-Christians who want to be part of something special.
We will explore our calling as disciples as we build kingdom-focussed products.
There are two main models for labs projects that you can get involved in:
- Time Limited: these are event-type projects, which you will find through Hackathons, Innovation Sprint or 3-month accelerators. Here you know exactly when your involvement will end!
- Community-Based: each of our communities has a number of projects, with passionate volunteers who want to see them progress, sometimes through several MVP iterations. However, involvement levels are up to each volunteer – you get to decide.
Whether you commit to a 2 day hackathon, a 4 week Sprint, or spend 1 year with a community project team, you can know that you are contributing to kingdom tech innovation.
Absolutely, this program is for people across tech, ministry, business, and charity. If you’re passionate to help design solutions to real-world problems, there’s a place for you.
Each team ideally has a mixture of skills to bring balance and momentum. This will often include a mix of developers, researchers, a project manager, and a designer.
Great! Fill out the form and we’ll reach out, or connect you with your nearest FaithTech community.